Princess high-die

Welcome to the masquerade ball. I'm Elodie Eade and you need to get the hell off my lawn. Do tell me your stories and let's fill in the chapters as we go.

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Dear World, Count Me In

I've got all my logical senses down in the dumps. You know you've reached your worst when it just escalated in the opposite. Work and fun. Fun would've been a good escape and an easy choice there wouldn't it? I mean, come on, 'work' would never stand a chance against those demeaning three-letter word. Friends, talk, food, conversations. That sounds like the kind of fun people, in general, would opt for. (The easiest kind of fun too)

In that sequence, today, it happened. Work and fun. It's my birthday in exactly 40 minutes and my mates decided it would be a great decision (small pause here: I'm on my brother's computer and his friends are trying to call him through skype right now and I dare not reject so it's getting on my horns, pretty much)... now, where were we... oh, they decided it would be an excellent idea to surprise me at work while I was looking like complete wreck. Literally, I looked like the kind of person you would just go 'no' to. 
It wouldn't have been so bad had it not been for my awkward self rejecting any approach then. I'm not used to being in the light, alone. I wish everyone could understand.. well not everyone if I'm taking this too far but they were my friends. 

I don't need to be the prom queen, that one girl who kicks asses at every party and can handle her drinks. I just hope my birthday wouldn't be the stain on your white blouse or the bread crumbs in your purse. I really didn't need your judgements and criticism, especially not today. You, all of you, are racists, judgemental little pricks. The waitresses were black, big fucking whoop. The plate the waitress (who, not-so-coincidentally had busted her ass working half the day off before you came) was holding had accidentally brushed through your powdered face shouldn't be enough to trigger the anger you claimed to had come from your supposedly 'pms'. A 'thank you' is not that hard. A smile is not that hard. And this is coming from one of the least friendly people you might ever know.  Working your mouths off later on about how filthy the place was, being filled with black people is not making things any better my sweet little barbie-faced shitheads.

Social Networking Websites and Applications:

They were created for our convenience. End of story. It might seem like the coolest thing to do right now - to stand with a group of more than five, fish out your smart phone and tap away, 'updating' your life about how it is so exciting and thrilling. See the irony? YOU were with your friends, YOU were supposed to be having fun (which is also why YOU were UPDATING about how fun it is), BUT while you were tapping away at that dead-ass screen, seconds were slipping by and it's not much of a 'having fun' when you were simply staring at a pixelated screen, was it? Society is dead, its products are dead. Everyone's just another carbon copy of the other. 

It, too, is my birthday. Do you have any idea how sad it is to stare at a crowd of blank, unamused faces? Do you know how painful it was to hear you complain about everything when we were supposed to just.. laugh, maybe? Do you know how demotivating it is to look at your grim looks, instagram-ing and tweeting everything and there would literally be a stop in the minutes we spend together to feed your ego? On my birthday? I want my friends back. I want the live ones. The friends I used to know. But we all know it's going to get worse and this isn't even the beginning, yet.


Like I said, they were all created for your convenience and entertainment; it is not your life. It is not cool. I don't mean it in the 'I dont have it so i'm going to whine about it and use the world 'uncool' because i'm just another kid' kind of way. I meant exactly what I said. It is not cool. 

I really need an escape, to a place where society hasn't tainted. It's spreading like wildfire and I have to act fast. 

So, dear world, count me in.

I apologize for the long, very long text. I had to get it out there. 

My birthday present was a bottle that says: 'My degree of sarcasm depends on your degree of stupidity'
Because I was always an arrogant, sarcastic prick. So the bottle was the best they could gift a useless little bitch. 
..And then I found out from one of them that they got me a bottle because my old one was ugly. It was then that I kicked myself out from the delusion and convinced myself that I need new friends..

I was choking up waterless lumps in my chests on the way home earlier. I thought it would be a much happier birthday celebration.

Right now, as I'm ending this post, my phone is starting to bop with messages because it's 12AM. 

Well at least I can count on myself to cheer myself up, can't I? (:

*picture not mine*

No comments:

Post a Comment