Princess high-die

Welcome to the masquerade ball. I'm Elodie Eade and you need to get the hell off my lawn. Do tell me your stories and let's fill in the chapters as we go.

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Stop And Erase (#1)

STOP AND ERASE, 'CUS I'M GONNA WIPE THAT SMILE OFF YOUR KNOW-IT-ALL FACE.

Oh, sorry for the hormones, and, no, the Selena song was not what the title's meant to convey.

The funny thing about change is that it comes a day at a time through dribbles of seconds which will turn into minutes and it can literally sweep you off your feet because, before you know it, your time is here. Change is a verb but it, too, is a noun. Four months ago if you had asked me if it does 'get better', I would've told you it doesn't and then throw another smack of remarks in your face condescendingly before retreating into darkness with my wet blanket. 

But now, as an almost new person--will someone ready the confetti and glitter please--I can tell you for sure that it does get better. You know why? Because I have never been so sure about something in the entirety of my existence. Hey, hey gettin' a bit ahead of my own arse now aren't I? 

What's the fun in dropping instances of my life altogether in a single post? It's an online diary, is it not?
I will, most definitely, reveal these bits and tip-toe through memory lane one day and I will need someone to be there for me when I do. Words will always be my favourite companion.

Positive that nobody's going to stumble on here but if you're reading this then you must have. 

Welcome, welcome, to the masquerade ball. Bitch with alter-egoes, bitch I will eat you whole with my masks on. 

I hope you won't mind me contradicting myself too much. Here, have a couple of bites out of these delicious pieces of news and pictures. 


(23/10/2012) in Marseille, France: Two young women kissed in front of anti same sex marriage/adoption 
Changing the world with one sequin at a time. (It gets funnier when you study each of the ladies' faces in the background)


The perfect sanctuary. 

 "Yesterday was the anniversary of my Mom’s death - to the day. I was getting ready to go out and let go of this necklace - which was hers - to answer the phone. When I looked back, I noticed it had fallen into a heart. I love you too, Mom."-by Fairchildwrites

Now, this picture is a story by itself. I do a lot of browsing on my phone so, naturally, it's full of bookmarked webpages and it will be no surprise that it consists mostly of tumblr tags (an addict, I daresay). One of my few bookmarked tags are 'death' and 'sad' - which are both for those times when I just can't pick myself up after a bad fall (it happens). What made me look to the 'death' tag, you don't have to know, but there I was, on my bed, thumbing through the tag (corpses and blood, eugh) and then I saw this post. I don't think I have to explain why it touched me greatly. The loss of someone of importance; I would never want to imagine myself as the victim of death. There was a few others who mentioned the death of those they loved dearly and that it still pains them after all these years too and it made me think.

  
                                             And 'LOSER' in bold on my forehead. 




*****Pictures used are not mine unless otherwise stated.*****



No comments:

Post a Comment